If the player lacks armor that sufficiently protects against the cold, or is swimming in cold water without an underwater suit, his mobility will become sluggish, and their health begin to drop. If attacked their chances of being killed are much higher if they’re so exposed to the temperatures.
Cause[edit | edit source]
Below are factors that contribute to freezing:
- Winter terrain.
- Rain and snow.
- Armor with cold protection values that are below 7 points.
- Swimming in a winter terrain without an underwater suit.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Changes to the player's character when freezing:
- Health bar decreases by 10% for every 15 seconds after the initial 30 seconds and the frost lens accumulated spent in the harsh condition.
- Mobility is reduced by 10%.
- Frost lense begins to accumulate after 30 seconds.
Additional effects if protection is less than 7:
- Health begins to drop after 3 minutes, and all the above factors begin to show as well.
Remedy[edit | edit source]
Once close to a fire, these symptoms cease.